Sunday, February 24, 2008

MG on the Go

I often go away and want to tell everyone about the great place I stayed or where I ate, or sometimes the place to AVOID. This one is worth a post it note.

Just spent several days at a very noteworthy place-Tranquility Lodge in Stratton, Maine. Managed and Owned by none other than Melody. This reminds me of the dentist name Dr. Toothless, but much more pleasant. Her place is on a lake just down the road from a very tasty eatery called Porter's. Throw in 4 hours of snowmobiling at the local rental place, or a day of skiing, that would be a wonderful 2 night getaway. Truly remarkable. Mighty guys I would hope would be taking notes here, flowers die, and chocolate well unless it is good chocolate, just makes us girls have to work harder.
The lodge was very well maintained, no animals, wonderfully decorated. I think the best was the carriage hanging in the middle of the place. My migit's (mighty girls in training) especially enjoyed the hot chocolate. I suppose I should request a case the next time we go to stay. The inn was also very well located between Saddleback and Sugarloaf and did I mention reasonable priced?
One of my migits slept so well she went on to ski a diamond run. See Mom beam.

No comments: